Thursday 11 January 2018

WELCOME TO MY BLOG.. 😊



Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog. I hope you find something on here which will make you feel happy, at home, inspired and full of love.

A few things about myself:-

🌟 I ALWAYS like to be positive in every situation 
🌟 I work as a clinical assistant in a hospital in Brighton 
🌟 I've often struggled with accepting myself over the last few years 
🌟 I am due to get Married to the other half of me, Mark (nickname Bert) in December this year 😁
🌟 I am very close to my family
🌟 I have the weirdest, amusing, most beautiful American bulldog called Alfie 
🌟 I LOVE shopping of any kind and always spend too much moneyπŸ™„
🌟 I looooove food. Food food food. 
🌟 Anxiety and depression have been a big part of my life since I was 19
🌟 Tea, Harry Potter, YouTube and makeup are other big loves of mine




I've been planning to write a blog or start up a YouTube channel for a few years or so. Now it's a new year, 2018. Where 2017 went, I really do not know. Ive finally realised that I've been sitting around, going through life, wishing for all of these things to happen to me e.g. waiting for happiness, waiting for my anxiety to go away. THEN I could start living my life & being happy. That's what I used to think to myself. I was searching for an outside source to cure me; to make me better again.

'HAPPINESS COMES FROM WITHIN.'- Brian Weiss.

So cleashay. Not helpful at all. Just words.

But dya know what? It IS true. It may well be typical words we hear when we're suffering from depression or anxiety or anything similar, and we get sick of hearing it. But for the first time, I sat back and had a think. I realised I will never be truly happy from an outside source. Yes my family, my friends and Bert make me feel better and have got me through some of my darkest days. But for a TRUE change, I needed to change my attitude. I needed to stop being scared of my own thoughts, to stop being so scared of all of my anxiety symptoms. I had to realise a bad day was just a bad day. Rushing thoughts were just rushing thoughts. A pounding heart is just a pounding heart. Life isn't easy and we can't always control or choose the situations around us but we CAN choose how we react to these situations and how we deal with them. Through going back on anti-depressants, seeing a therapist, starting to attend church and most importantly and most effectively, changing my attitude towards myself and my life, I have become a much happier, stronger person. Yes I still have anxiety, bad days and whatever. But it doesn't matter! I can feel anxious and still have a good day😊

I wasn't planning on going into the whole anxiety thing in my first post, but as I've rambled on in this post, it turns out it's actually the story of how I've ended up here, finally writing my blog. I hope I can help someone who's suffering and if that's you reading this, you are not alone! You can be who you want to be no matter what, no matter what you are feeling, or what's going on in your head. Here's to supporting each other, being happy and encouragement!


Yasmine x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

How I practice self care

Hey guys! I'm back (after a very long time) with another post on something which I have discovered in the last year or so, is extremely ...

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig